What We Do
Hive have a strong track record across all sectors, including housing, town centre regeneration, mixed-use development, employment uses, logistics, retail and leisure. It is our combined public-private experience and surveying and planning expertise that helps us to stand out from the crowd.
Here’s more about what we do.
Hive have an extremely strong track record of working with local authorities. Our ability to be flexible depending on what our client’s requirements are and our understanding of national and local governance, the importance of partnership working and political know-how sets us apart.
Our offer has a focus on development but the service we provide will very much depend upon what our client is seeking to achieve. For example, it could be helping to unlock a stalled site through either securing public sector funding, re-negotiating an access or land ownership matter or de-risking the site through the planning process.
Hive’s range of public sector services include:
- Preparing and submitting planning applications on local authority owned land
- Advising on land portfolio strategies
- Project management of initiatives such as Garden Villages and Housing Zones, or individual sites
- Project management and delivery of Homes England programmes on behalf of local authorities
- Expertise in respect of large, complex, multi-ownership sites with significant infrastructure requirements
- Strategy, design and implementation of regeneration projects
- Bidding submissions or advice on devolution deals; in our first 12 months we secured £123.7m of HIF funding for our clients
- Agency and soft-market testing
- Incorporation of a place-making, design-led approach to projects
- Research and advice on housing delivery targets
Whilst many public sector partners have the expertise in-house to undertake some of the services offered, Hive will provide a flexible resource which can be deployed quickly in response to demand.
Hive’s surveying and planning consultancy offer is client-facing and we also pride ourselves on our ability to work in collaboration with public sector partners, without compromising on the need to be commercially focussed and respond to the specific needs of our client.
Our team offer a full planning consultancy service, which is backed up by a strong track record of securing outline and detailed planning applications, as well as reserved matters, amendments under Section 73 or section 96, condition discharge and Section 106 negotiations. Site promotion, including participation at Local Plan Examinations is another key planning service we offer.
On the surveying side, we provide the full range of services from site identification and evaluation, including market advice, right through the de-risking process to disposal or a start on site.
Hive’s range of private sector services include:
- Co-ordination and management of complex planning applications, including Section 106 negotiations, public/stakeholder engagement and Expert Witness at Public Inquiry
- Strategic and immediate land identification and evaluation
- Promotion of sites through the Local Plan process, including participation at Examination in Public
- Land/Site negotiations (pre and mid-contractual)
- Collaboration agreements (including promotion, option and equalisation) and land assembly
- Brokering in respect of multi-developer sites, including Registered Providers
- Managing the technical de-risking process
- Market engagement (including soft market testing)
- Multi-disciplinary team management
- Ransom mitigation strategies
- Site marketing and disposal
- Site portfolio strategies
Our extensive range of planning and surveying services enable us to adapt our offer to meet the specific needs of the client.